Following are some of the practices which are not allowed by law but they take place on regular basis in Mumbai.
1. Selling things on roads or footpaths in non hawking zone.
2. Cooking food on streets.
3. Smoking in public.
4. Not to wear helmets.(By bike riders)
5. Building huts.
6. Fishermen selling fishes door to door.
7. Spitting/ littering public places.
8. Not putting up Marathi signboards as per government/MMC rule.
9. Standing on the footsteps of a rail while traveling.
10. Sitting on the top of rail bogie.
11. Denial of fares to passengers.(by rickshaw and taxi drivers)
12. Cleaning vehicles on roads.
13. Selling/buying pirated CD's.
14. Consuming liquor without having license.
Who is responsible for these things?
a) The people who do it-
Argument against this: Humanity flows in veins of one’s body when one says “These people do it for their bread and butter.” Or “They have no other option” or “They are very poor. What’s their fault?”
b) The people whose duty is to prevent this from happening.-
Arguments against this: Well, if I beat you, you should blame the people whose duty is to maintain law and order.
I know this is quite pessimistic and hopeless post.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
true.. if people break law for their bread and butter.. they do it to get bread and butter..
but if people do it for others' bread and butter then it is called politics.
biased media
I agree with you.May I know your name?
My name is Anthony Gonsalves...lolz...
good post....
Shoutbox